First and foremost, I want to apologize to you guys for not updating this blog for almost a month now.  This past month has been more or less a nightmare that I'm trying to get out of.  I tried to take a few minutes in my day today to put things in perspective, and I finally feel like everything's going to be ok.


I went for a nice evening run (Yay for getting one more extra hour of sleep Saturday night! Boooo for it being pitch black at 5:30 PM) with Nutmeg tonight.  I had a solid playlist going full songs that definitely got me motivated for this week.  I've also included my new favorite songs for this week:


Only Girl in the World - Rihanna
This song is my "Please Don't Stop the Music."  When that song came out, I played it non-stop.  This is my girl anthem for right now.


Know Your Name - Wiz Khalifa
It's nice to hear a "chill" song from Wiz.  I'm glad that we have a rap artist representing Pittsburgh... Even though he's having a rough week this week with getting caught with drugs and everything...


Scott Mescudi VS the World - Kid Cudi
Kid Cudi's sophomore album drops today (EEEK!)  It's not like I've been waiting for the past year for it or anything...  I really don't want to be disappointed with it, and after reading all the reviews coming in, it looks like I should be pretty satisfied.


Booty Bounce - Dev
I'm so happy I found this song.  "Like a G6" is a fun song to dance and workout to.  HOWEVER, it's only successful because of this song.  Listen to around the 2:25 mark, and it'll make sense.


Pass Out - Chris Brown
I don't like Chris Brown.  I mean, I'm ashamed to even put his name on the same playlist as Rihanna...  But I do like this song.  The song is sung around Eric Prydz' "Call On Me," which makes the song hard not to like.


What's Wrong With Them - Lil' Wayne ft. Nicki Minaj
Free Weezy -- wait... he is free!  For some reason, I feel like this song is applicable to my life right now.  Nicki puts it best when she sings: "Baby, what the f-ck wrong, wrong with them?"  I was ecstatic when this came on my shuffle.  I felt like I could step on any stick/stone/crack while I was running and nothing could bring me down.    


Mean Planes and Taylor Gangs - Brendan Duvall 
I don't really enjoy Taylor Swift at all, but this mashup done by Brendan Duvall is great.  Of course, it features Wiz (FREE WIZ).  It's inevitable that a mashup will be included in every one of my playlists.


All Along - Kid Cudi
I love when Kid Cudi shows his softer side, and in this song, Kid Cudi isn't the tough guy with a dark side that he is in every song.  It's a nice change of pace.  Plus, I'm a sucker for a rap song with violins.


What's My Name - Rihanna ft. Drake
Love this duet. I don't know why they had to break up.  Rihanna + Drake = SUCH A GOOD COUPLE.  Ugh.  You can't help but sway your head back and forth to this beat... Oh whoaaa oh.


Roman's Revenge - Nicki Minaj ft. Eminem
This... song... is... RIDICULOUS.  I mean, it's so weird -- but I can't stop listening to it.  Nicki Minaj is the best female rapper out there right now, and for her new album "Pink Friday," what does she decide to do?  SHE GETS EMINEM!  And she also sings "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story.  After you're done listening to it, you kind of have to sit for a few seconds and think, "Really?"  And then you'll click play again.





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones