It snowed all last night and is still snowing.  I just took Nutmeg out to go to the bathroom, and it was so gorgeous outside.  Bret and I have our tree up after several debates of whether it was straight, too tall, too fat.. blah blah blah.  I'm naming the tree Pudger since it's kind of plump.

Anyways, more Christmas songs! I wanted to include songs that aren't your "traditional" Christmas songs along with maybe a few

I also want to leave you with this terrible video of Rudolph getting impaled.  It's so sad... Yet so funny.  I mean, really?  The audience commentary and reaction is classic.

"Christmas TV" by Slow Club
This reminds me when Bret and I would go to home to our families during Christmas and had to split up (GASP!)  Hahaha.  It was fine splitting up, but we really would have preferred to be with one another during Christmas.  This year, I will be spending Christmas with his family and will be the first time we will be able to wake up to see if Santa came together.

"Santa's Workshop" by Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks
Bret and I listened to this entire album over the weekend, and it is great.  I've posted my favorite song from the album and anticipate listening to the whole thing again on Christmas eve and morning with Bret's dad.  This song is just AWESOME -- and the lyrics make me giggle.

"Fairtytale of New York" by the Pogues
I love when I can include some good Irish music into my playlists.  This song definitely puts a smile on your face once it hits the 1:20 mark.  It makes you want to grab a hot mug of something and sit by the fire with your closest friends + family.  

"Linus and Lucy" by Bela Fleck and the Fleckstones
I grew up watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" every year.  I love this version...  The banjo really makes the song something special.

"Snowfall" by Ahmad Jamal
I put this one on her for Bret in particular.  We both love jazz, and I know that when he listens to this, he will be very happy (and will also make him wish he had his baby grand...)  It's very pretty and romantic for the Christmas season.

"Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" by N*Sync
Yes.  I did it.  I don't care.  I DON'T CARE.  You can't help but sing-a-long to this song when it comes on.  Go ahead.  You can judge me.  I DON'T CARE.

"Snow Day" by Matt Pond PA
Because who doesn't love a Snow Day?!  Last year during Pittsburgh's Snowmaggedon, we had so many snow days!  We are expecting to get over 8 inches of snow tomorrow.  I can't wait!

"Christmas Is All Around" by Billy Mack
You don't listen to this song for the song.  You listen to it because it reminders you of "Love Actually" (which I can't wait for it to start playing on television).  That movie along with "Elf" have started to become my traditional Christmas movies.  I will watch both of them every year.

"White Christmas" by Otis Redding
This song is so sexy and romantic -- Definitely meant for swaying back and forth beneath that mistletoe.

"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" by Elmo and Patsy
Obviously, this was going to get added to a list sooner or later.

"Sounds Like Snow" by Be Still
Every time I hear this, I have to remind myself it isn't Ingrid Michaelson.  The lyrics are cute and perfect for you and your special someone. 

"Christmas Island" by Leon Redbone
This song is for my sister Stephanie.  She -- unlike all of us -- is going to Aruba with Dan's family for Christmas!  How awesome is that?  I think that she will have tons of fun.  Christmas isn't about where you are but who you're with.  As long as you're with friends and family during this time of the year, location doesn't matter. 




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones