Oh my.  This is just beautiful.  Very Brandon Flowers-esque.


James Mercer... Thank you.  


For those who don't know him, James is the founding member and lead singer-songwriter of the indie rock group The Shins.  The Shins remind me of the Garden State movie soundtrack.  Bret and I listened to almost every song from that album during our freshmen year.


This past year, both Mercer and Modest Mouse frontman Isaac Brock contributed music to director Chris Malloy's 180° South, a documentary about adventurers in Patagonia.  Mercer's contribution to the movie was a cover of Neil Young's "Journey Through the Past."


Listen below to this wonderful song along with Neil Young's original (although I can't help but envision Jimmy Fallon singing it!), and my favorite Shins track:


James Mercer - Journey Through The Past

Neil Young - Journey Through The Past

The Shins - Caring is Creepy