I was looking through my past blog posts, and the blog post that received the most visits was the one I posted a recipe along with a playlist. Moving forward, I'm going to try to post my baking/cooking playlist that I listen to whenever I'm making something special in the kitchen!


I wanted to try to keep it as healthy as possible.  Plus, this recipe calls for only 6 ingredients!  So, click play on the playlist at the bottom, and enjoy the recipe below.  Keep in mind, 1.)  When I'm baking/cooking, I need all types of music to keep me entertained and 2.) I altered the recipe to meet my taste preferences (you can also do the same):
Eggplant Parmesan
1 large eggplant, sliced thinly (about 1/4")
2 cups of broccoli (The recipe calls for mushrooms, so you can use them also)
1 cup diced onions
1 cup ricotta cheese (The recipe calls for cottage cheese, but what's lasagna without ricotta?)
1 bag (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella (I used skim) 
1 jar of spaghetti sauce



    • 1.  Using a 9x13 pan, add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of the pan.

    2.  Add first layer of eggplant. (
    As you layer all the veggies add any desired spices such as salt and pepper.  I added S&P, red pepper, and basil).

  • 3.  Add first layer of eggplant.  Then, m
    ix diced onions and ricotta cheese together and spread over eggplant. 

  • 4.  Add another layer of sauce, a layer of shredded cheese, and then the second layer of eggplant.

  • 5.  Add a layer of broccoli, cover with a layer of sauce and a layer of shredded cheese.

  • 6.  Add final layer of eggplant, and cover with remaining cheese.

  • 7.  Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown top.

I let it sit for about 5-8 minutes before cutting it.  I'm always nervous about making vegetarian dishes for dinner because Bret ALWAYS wants to have some kind of protein/meat.  However, Bret loved this dish and wanted seconds (YAY!), but I gave him a salad instead (with the promise of making something for dessert... which I didn't make).


It really was a yummy dinner, and I highly recommend making the recipe! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones