In an effort to put his name back in the spotlight but to also shed some light on some artists that might not be familiar to many, Kanye West has been releasing collaborations every Friday until Christmas.    I actually think that this is a pretty great idea.  I'm not a huge Kanye fan, but I'll admit -- I've been looking for his new tracks every Friday.  I haven't been too crazy about the songs released thus far (even the one that has Kid Cudi included on the track).  I feel like the songs are doing too much and take away from the potential that they could have had.  However, the track releasted this Friday gives me some hope.


Kanye released "Lost in the World" this past Friday which features Bon Iver's "Woods."  I had this song two years ago and didn't really know what to think of it.  Bon Iver has such a unique voice and doesn't need to use auto-tune for his voice at all.  "Woods" has this creepy feeling to it which I liked when I initially heard it.  I haven't heard it for awhile until I listened to Kanye's newly leaked song "Lost in the World" yesterday. Honestly, I'm ecstatic that Kanye was able to take this song and completely transform it to a danceable hip hop song.  "Woods" came out around the same time Kanye released "Heartless" two years ago, and I remember thinking: "Kanye would have loved to have this song."


Well.  Looks like I was right.


I've put Bon Iver's original "Woods" along with Kanye's new track that features the song so you can take a peek at both and decide which one you like more.  For additional measure, I also put an additional Bon Iver song ("Flume") which I particular love.  Peter Gabriel did a cover of the song earlier this year which made me fall in love with the song once again:

Bon Iver - Woods by greentea


Kanye West - Lost In The World feat Bon Iver by JayAura


Bon Iver - Flume by firarland


Peter Gabriel -- Flume by henriquemillan