Sometimes I think that I put too many "girly" songs on this blog.  Then I think about all the times Bret and I had simple songs like these playing while we took naps in college.  So guys, technically, I'm doing you a favor. by making this kind of playlist.

I wanted to put together a playlist of some of my favorite duets.  It's been one of those weeks/weekends that deserves a more mild playlist (can be found at the bottom of the post):

Ray Lamontagne and Rachel Yamagata - Duet
I love this song.  Every time it comes up on my playlist, I must play it.  Ray Lamontagne's voice is great and the combination with Rachel's voice paints a beautiful song.

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly
The ultimate "duet" song...  

Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn - Relator
I appreciate Scarlett for her beauty and her attempt at singing.  She has done songs in the past where she definitely couldn't sing, but I this song has a nice, fun aspect to it.  

She and Him - In the Sun
The video for this is really cute.  Zoey Deschanel and M. Ward make great music together.  However, since she's married to Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard -- when are they going ot start making music together?

Slow Club - When I Go
I don't know why, but I think of Bret and myself every time I hear this song, and it makes me smile. 

Sondre Lerche and Lillian Samdal - Modern Nature
Of course, I had to put a song from "Dan in Real Life." 

Josh Radin and Schuyler Fisk - Paperweight
Josh Radin - Fear You Won't Fall
I couldn't stop listening to Schuyler Fisk's album a few years ago  this song was on Zach Braff's "The Last Kiss" soundtrack.  Bret got sick of it after awhile...  But here it is again!  Around that time I also played Josh Radin over and over and over again.  He's a little sappy, but you can't help but smile and sing-a-long.

Ben Sollee and Daniel Martin Moore - Something, Somewhere, Sometime
I've been doing girl/guy combos so far, so I thought I should include some other duets.  Their voices compliment one another perfectly.

Postal Service - Nothing Better
This is an oldie -- but a goodie.

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Diablo Rojo
You have to watch the two of them play together.  It's ridiculous that all the sounds produced in the song come from only their guitars.

Bret and I saw Ingrid Michaelson last year at Mr. Smalls Playhouse, and Greg Laswell was there, also.  Since the two are now married (even though they haven't officially announced it), they performed a song that they wrote together that is simply adorable.  I'm still waiting for the digital release of the song -- if it ever gets released.  The performance/song is very Johnny Cash + June Carter-esque :)







Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones