With October just around the corner next week, I am ready to bring out all the usual pumpkin suspects.  Starting on Friday next week, I plan on making my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin bread, and maybe some apple crisp if we go apple picking. 

I also decided that Bret and I need to start really thinking about we will be for Halloween.  Last year's costumes were an epic fail.  People couldn't tell if we were dogs or bunnies when in fact we were really sheep.  I think two things not to do this year would be:

1.  Don't make our costumes on Halloween day.
2.  Don't pick costumes that requires you to wear fleece all night.

We also need to figure out what Nutmeg could wear for when trick-or-treaters come.  I know that no matter what we pick, she is not going to be happy. 

On more of a music note, I ran across the band The Head and The Heart today.  Their one song "Down in the Valley" is a really beautiful song.  They are currently on tour with Vampire Weekend, which will probably gain them a solid fanbase over the next year.  I've only listened to a few songs, but I like what I've heard thus far.  Bret just said that it sounds like it should be in Cold Mountain which in my opinion, isn't a bad thing.  This is definitely a more chill song to sit back and relax to.  I need to listen to songs like these in order to fill my Coldplay and Greg Laswelll void. 

Down in the Valley by theheadandtheheart