Bret and I spent the day bike riding yesterday since it was so gorgeous outside. I feel significantly better than I had towards the tail end of this week, although I don't think my sinuses are clearing up at all.



I received a request from a friend from the past today (yay!) asking for a playlist that will "kick their ass" in the gym.  I've been meaning to put together a playlist that will keep me motivated while running outside to beat the muffin top, so I really appreciate the request!  Some of these songs are new, and some are older.  I tried to pick a few of my current favorites along with some that will help clear your head when working out.  The playlist can be found at the end of this post.


"Don't Let Me Fall" by B.O.B.
I'm pretty obsessed with B.O.B. right now.  "Airplanes" got too much radio play and made me despise the song, but this song is a true winner.  It's a good song to get you in the mood to push yourself.  I have found that if you know the lyrics to a song it makes it easier to pass time.  In order to really appreciate this song, learn the lyrics.  It's cool to listen to B.O.B. tell his story of going from the bottom to the top.  It's also fun to sing-a-long to :)



"Stereo Love" by Edward Maya ft. Alicia
I know this song is getting to be considered "old," but I still love it.  Bret calls it the French song simply due to an accordian presence.  Once again, this is another song I sing-a-long to everytime it comes on.

"Memories" by David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi
I feel like everyone and their mother got remixed by David Guetta this year.  Trust me -- this isn't me complaining.  I was super-ecstatic when David Guetta decided to team up with Kid Cudi to put a song together.  I heart Kid Cudi (and can NOT wait for his album to drop this fall... EEEK!)  The dude has issues, but I really enjoy his music.

"Alors On Danse" by Stromae
You won't be able to learn the lyrics to this song (or at least I can't), so you can keep your head clear while working out.  I love the saxophones in it -- a nice twist to an upbeat song.



"Everybody Speaks No Americano" by Mashup Germany
Uhm, Phantom of the Opera, Backstreet Boys, and Benny Bennassi?  This is a fun mash-up that is quirky and really fun to listen to. 



"Hey Hey" by Dennis Ferrer 
I like that this song is kind of a "chill" dance song, but it's also easy to remember the lyrics.  Whenever I listen to this, I can't help but say "hey hey" in the middle of the song. 




"Hang Wit Me (Avicii Remix)" by Robyn
I really enjoy Robyn as a musician and love what she brings to the table.  This is a good "chick" pop song.  I also love that the background sounds a little like "Neverending Story."  So think of Falcor as you're running/working out... How can you beat that?




"Getting Over You" by David Guetta
I have a soft spot for LMFAO, and I always like Fergie when she's performing without Black Eyed Peas.  You will hear about my distaste for will.i.am later in this post.



 "One (Your Name)" by Swedish House Mafia
Steph and I jammed to this in the car not too long ago.  It's one of those songs that once it's in your head, it's hard to get out of.  It has very little singing, but a lot of GREAT beats. 



"Dynamite (Stonebridge Remix)" by Taio Cruz
I already loved this song, but this remix is too good to not include on this playlist.  This song will keep you pushing harder and put you in a dancing mood :)

"One" by Sky Ferreira
I know! Two songs called "One" in the playlist.  I really like this song... This is the song Justin Bieber wishes he could sing -- actually he probably could.  I really enjoy her music, and at only 18, I think she's taking the right steps to become something big.
 

"Check It Out" by Nicki Minaj ft. will.i.am
I hate will.i.am.  I don't know why, but for some reason, he always gives me the creeps.  Regardless, this song grows on me the more I listen to it.  I'm sure the radio is going to kill the song in a month or two, so enjoy it now.

"Monster (Richie Beretta Remix)" by Lady Gaga 
Because I play all the Lady Gaga songs once they come out non-stop, I have to go search for remixes so the songs don't get old for me.  I really wished Lady Gaga made a video for this song, but nothing is out there yet.  This is such an awesome remix that doesn't lose the original song in the mix.

"Who's That Chick" by Rihanna 
New song released by Rihanna.  I was not a fan of her last album (too dark... Whatever happened to the "SOS" days?)  This one definitely has a more dancey feel to it (think "Please Don't Stop the Music"). 

"You Got the Love" by Florence and the Machine
This is a good song to listen to to clear your head and to begin cooling down.  The harps add a nice little touch to the song.

"I Am Not A Robot" by Marina and the Diamonds 
This is also a good cool down song.  While this song isn't for everyone, I think it's great with a really good meaning behind the lyrics.  If you listen to it, the lyrics explain how she has vulnerabilities and that it's ok to be human  -- no one is perfect

I'll end this post with the "Dancing on my Own" video.  I've been pretty obsessed with this song for awhile now, and it never gets old for me.  I love watching this video with the song because it's so simple and full of emotion:






Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones