Today was a sick day.  I'm not sure how I got sick, but it happened -- and I'm not a fan.  Now that the working day is done, I decided to see what was going on in the music world. 

Since The Killers released their album "Hot Fuss," I've been searching for an album that I can play in its entirety.  I can only name a few albums (Vampire Weekend's "Vampire Weekend" and Mumford and Sons' recent "Sigh No More" included) that I can put on Track #1 and listen to the very end.  The Killers have had a few good hits here and there since "Hot Fuss" but nothing too special.

Because of "Hot Fuss," I hold a special place in my heart for The Killers but more imporantly -- Brandon Flowers.  Brandon Flowers is one of those musicians that makes me swoon every time I see him. 

  swoooon...

I've been waiting for Brandon Flowers' solo album "Flamingo" to come out for awhile.  Now, I haven't had the chance to listen to the album in its entirety, but I have already found a few personal favorites.  His new song "Only the Young" is a nice, simple song with a very pretty melody that is actually a little like MGMT.  I'm just so excited to hear him sing again. 

02-brandon flowers-only the young-caheso

His first single was "Crossfire."  The video features Charlize Theron being her usual attractive self.  I wasn't crazy about the song, but I found a remix that Bret has been playing on repeat for over a week now.  It's a good workout / dance around the house song.

Brandon Flowers - Crossfire (David Morales Edit) by DJ sKott